Our co-working office in Hackney. With free weekly yoga, cocktails and curated events.
Ready to help change how, and why, the world shops? Great, because we’re hiring!
Thriftify is a double-sided marketplace that helps charity retailers to be successful online. We are growing our ecommerce and digital marketing team and are looking for people with experience in online fashion retail, marketplaces, ecommerce focused digital marketing and other relevant areas.
Following €1.6m investment, we are excited to announce that we are recruiting for a data-driven, experienced people to join our passionate, high-performing and close-knit team. If you're ready to join a mission-driven organisation and change how and why people shop, read on.
In particular we’re hiring for a digital marketing manager, a lead content creator and an ecommerce merchandiser. Each of the job descriptions are outlined below.
We are looking for:
- Deep domain experience in online trading.
- People who's style of leadership is based on delivering results and helping others.
- Disruptors, who want to be a part of something big and meaningful.
- Passion for a radical overhaul of our economy and society.
- Active listeners, who prefer to belong to a community and achieve collective success, as opposed to being the star of the show.
- Fully remote option, work anywhere you want. Thriftify has offices in Dublin & London, or WFH.
- Full-time, permanent position.
- £35k-£65k, depending on experience, role and location.
- Flat-structured, self-managed organisation. Thriftify is a self-managed organisation, suitable for people who enjoy taking the initiative and thrive on having freedom.
- Generous Employee Share Option Pool (ownership of the company).
- The opportunity to be part of a rapidly growing, mission-driven social enterprise.
- Two adorable office dogs! Olive, the Dachshund and Cúna, an Irish Water Spaniel.
If you believe you’re a fit, send a few words, CV and portfolio if relevant to [email protected] with the subject line: I’m ready to change the world.
Digital Marketing Manager
The core responsibility of this role is:
- Lead the data management and optimisation of our funnel (requiring very strong Google Analytics skills).
- Lead the digital marketing efforts across social, email and direct channels.
- Support major charity brands in optimising their Thriftify sales through their own direct channels.
In addition, our digital marketing manager will:
- Plan and execute all digital marketing (paid and organic), including SEO/SEM, email, social media and display advertising campaigns.
- Deliver sustained user growth across all channels, achieving minimum 25% month on month increases in top of funnel.
- Have excellent stakeholder (charity retailers and 3rd party ecommerce and digital marketing consultancy firms) management skills with the ability to understand business goals of each charity partner and support partners in their own digital marketing activities.
- Measure and report performance of all ecommerce campaigns to leadership and stakeholders, and assess against goals (ROI and KPIs) on a monthly basis, with accountability for D2C sales growth and ownership of new initiatives. Maintain a full suite of reporting tools and use them to provide impactful analytics.
- Identify opportunities to improve our partners current processes, tools, reporting, and planning
- Collaborate with internal teams to optimize across all stages of our funnel.
- Utilize strong analytical ability and Google’s Suite of tools to evaluate end-to-end customer experience across multiple channels and customer touch points. Assessing growth opportunities and developing the CAC, ROAS and overall trading model.
- Evaluate emerging technologies. Provide thought leadership and perspective for adoption.
- Improve the design, UX, traffic, and content of the website. Working closely with the development and branding teams to ensure consistent branding across all digital platforms.
- Ensure full site wide SEO optimization and identify back-linking opportunities across multiple geographic domains.
You should have:
- Bachelor's degree in digital marketing, business or a related field. Or, relevant industry experience demonstrating a deep technical understanding.
- Proven working experience in digital marketing with 4+ years experience.
- Demonstrable experience leading and managing SEO/SEM, marketing database, email, social media and/or display advertising campaigns.
- Solid knowledge of website analytics tools (Google Analytics, NetInsight, Omniture, WebTrends).
- Creative with experience in identifying target audiences and devising digital campaigns that engage, inform and motivate.
- Great problem solving skills.
- Deep knowledge of funnel optimisation. Experience in optimizing landing pages and user funnels.
- Forecasting and an ability to identify long term trends in data.
- Great communication skills.
- Experience working with a content management system.
- Strong project management skills.
- Experience in setting up and optimizing Google Adwords campaigns
The core responsibilities of this role are:
- Designing and implementing the online funnel management strategy.
- Increasing conversion across our D2C funnel.
- Supporting a dedicated team of merchandising professionals to achieve high quality listings across multiple channels.
In addition, our ecomm merchandiser will be responsible for:
- Building an effective and relevant funnel and optimising at each stage of the funnel via on-site analytics, customer research and Google Analytics.
- Category and page optimisation research and implementation via A/B testing and performance analytics.
- Category and campaign management. Analysing, optimising and growing sales across numerous categories (fashion, books, music, gaming, bric'a'brac and more) and seasonal campaigns.
- Imagery, description, pricing and overall product merchandising across multiple channels. Enhancing conversion based on merchandising improvements.
- Magento powered, D2C e-commerce optimisation, categorisation and merchandising. Working with our exceptional tech team to build the market-leading solution for sustainable, impactful fashion.
- Full funnel optimisation. Monitoring, iterating and improving all stages of the shoppers journey.
You should have:
- 3+ years relevant experience.
- Very strong data analytics and reporting abilities across Google suite of tool, hotjar or similar.
- Experience with A/B and multivariate experiments.
Lead Content Creator
The core responsibilities of this role are:
- End to end video production for Instagram and TikTok. Including ideation, research, editing and production.
- Serving and growing the existing community of Thrifters with content that is engaging, educational and empowering.
- Graphic design and social media account management.
In addition, our lead content creator will be responsible for:
- Leading the brand communication of Thriftify via content creation.
- Researching, testing and creating content that optimise across each social media channel.
- Leading the creative process among the team to create engaging content for marketing. Across social media, email and traditional marketing channels.
- Collaborating closely with cross-functional teams to create and maintain positive customer experiences on Thriftify’s channels.
- Identifying key trends, issues and opportunities across the UX/UI journey and making recommendations for improvements.
- Preparing and delivering presentations to different audiences, and performing ad-hoc analysis and design as needed.
You should have:
- 3-5 years of UX/UI, graphic design, or video experience. Preferably in a fashion retail environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong business acumen.
- Experience using Google Analytics and/or paid performance ads is a plus.
- A portfolio of work is mandatory.